Mui Ne is Muy Nice...
04.08.2011 - 07.08.2011 89 °F
Aug. 4 Bus Ho Chi Minh City to Mui Ne Beach – Day 1
Aug. 4 Helpful Travel Notes:
Accommodations: Mai Khanh/Paradise Huts/Joe’s Café - 86 Nguyen Dinh Chieu | Phan Thiet City | Binh Thuan Pro | Mui Ne, Vietnam
• $35-45 USD/700,000-900,000 VND, depending on amenities/beach views, etc., for a clean Room with 2 Double Beds (see details)
Website for Resources on Mui Ne: http://www.muinebeach.net/general.htm#whattobuyhere
Bus from Saigon/HCMC to Mui Ne Beach, Vietnam – Dinner at Lam Tong Restaurant
We take the 8am bus from Saigon to Mui Ne Beach. You can book this trip through any travel agent on Pham Ngu Lao Street (Saigon/HCMC). We've learned that we multiply x1.5-2 to get a more accurate travel time estimates while here in Vietnam. The "4 hour" bus ride from Saigon to Mui Ne actually takes 6 hours.
We arrive in Mui Ne at 2:00 pm and stroll down the main backpacker area drag, Nguyen Dinh Chieu for a bit to price-shop the various accommodations. We settle on reservations at a cute guest resort that’s accepting their first reservations under new management – perfect timing! It's now called Mai Khanh Resort, but we are guessing they’ll change the name to "Joe's Cafe" soon. We begged for $30 USD/night, with a promise we’d stay 3 nights, which turned out to be the best decision of our journey thus far!
We walk 2 doors down to have lunch at Lam Tong Restaurant- 92 Nguyen Dinh Chieu | Phan Thiet City | Binh Thuan Pro | Mui Ne, Vietnam | +84 (062) 384 7598. The menu is extensive and inexpensive – Win-Win! The views of the Beach/ocean are spectacular. We enjoy a laid-back lunch while watching the waves loll gently onto the beach. Afterward we head for naps on our beachfront lounge chairs. Mui Ne is muy nice…
Aug. 4 Places/Things to Do:
Nguyen Dinh Chieu– the main street/backpacker nest/tourist trap area of Mui Ne, Vietnam
Mai Khanh/Paradise Huts/Joe’s Café (not sure which name they’ll adopt once they get rollin) – 86 Nguyen Dinh Chieu | Phan Thiet City | Binh Thuan Pro | Mui Ne, Vietnam
• $35-45 USD/700,000-900,000 VND, depending on amenities/beach views, etc., for a clean Room with 2 Double Beds
• Amenities: Kind, attentive Staff, very clean rooms/bathroom, WiFi is “spotty”, Hot water shower, complimentary bottled water, A/C, fridge, beach chairs + easy beach access. Simple Western Breakfast included.
• website: | email: | phone: (+
• Owners, Thao & Joe Springer Miller are adorable, kind and friendly.
Lam Tong Restaurant - 92 Nguyen Dinh Chieu | Phan Thiet City | Binh Thuan Pro | Mui Ne, Vietnam | +84 (062) 384 7598